Sunday, April 26, 2015



                                   Making Deals


When Hanna prayed for a child, she was just not asking she was negotiating. She was not ready to just ask for a son, she was ready to return the gift of a child with the promise of  service in the temple.
In other words Hanna prayed that she could have a son , so that she could be the mother of a child that served G-d and his people .

I to joined Hanna in her prayers. I was 28 I was single and I was  ambivalent  about getting married and having children.. But Hanna's prayer sealed the deal for me.  From that moment on I pictured myself not just as a mother of a son, but raising children to serve.


I am asked many times how I could have " just put Zevy on a Plane " to begin the road to service in the IDF. How do I explain that I had made a deal , G-d had kept his promise and in every way reminded me that it was time to keep mine.

Zevy was not just put on a plane as many think. He went with faith. Faith in me, faith in G-d and
faith in himself. Deals keep honest people honest , they can at best set up a life path that is filled
with joy and above all service.


No comments:

Post a Comment